Thursday, November 5, 2009

Inexpensive gifts for kids to make

If you are anything like me, you have had Christmas on your mind for a while now. Coming up with ideas for gifts for everyone, thinking of things the kids can make, coming up with a budget....

Each year my kids make gifts for their grandparents & a few close aunts. I'll be posting some of those things in the next couple of weeks, in hopes it can give you some great ideas! If you have anything your kids have made & would like to share it, please send me an email. If you have pictures, send them too!

Last year, we made our way to each of the Home Depot & Lowe's kids workshops. The kids had a great time at each of them. Nov. & Dec. can get crazy busy & this was just one of those things the kids new was going to be their time. And when we were all done, we had a slew of gifts to give away - FOR FREE! Both Lowe's & Home Depot allowed each of my kids to make a project, yes, even my 1 year old at the time! The kids often spent a day or 2 at home, painting & decorating their projects. I then let them decide who they were giving what to, put them in a room with some gift bags & wrapping paper & they had a blast wrapping presents. Even though I knew what they had made, I was still surprised by what they chose to give to me & how they had decorated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment