Thursday, October 15, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake/Raggedy Ann

This was one of my least favorite costumes, it just didn't turn out as cute as I thought it was. She was going as Strawberry Shortcake, but so many people thought she was Raggedy Ann. Maybe you can take this idea & turn it into something better!

The pinafore was made from a pillowcase, I cut 2 strips off the pillowcase to make the straps & hot glued it all together. She already had the red shirt. I bought the red pants at a thrift store & hot glued white strips of felt to them.

I took a red stocking cap & glued red yarn all over it. I found it easiest to cut the yarn & tie 15-20 pieces of yard together to make a grouping, then glue the groupings to the top of the hat. I then put the hat on Ally to cut the yarn to the correct lengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment