Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Ham is a simple thing to fix. I know some people who are intimidated by the thought of cooking a ham for their family & I often have people ask how I fix mine. So, I thought with Easter coming up on Sunday, it would be fitting to post how I cook my ham.

I have tried several differnent hams over the last few years & I've got to say, my favorite to purchase is the Sam's Choice ham from Walmart. It comes with a glaze packet, which is good, but I usually slice into the top of my ham several times & pack it with alot of brown sugar. I cut into it so that the brown sugar gets down inside the ham. I then place several pineapple slices on top & wrap it REALLY well in aluminum foil, I double wrap it. I then place it into a baking dish (just in case it leaks) & put it in the oven on 250 for 4-6 hours. My ham always turns out juicy & sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment